The Ring Of The Reeks
Our favourite cycle route and perhaps one of Killarney’s best kept local secrets!
Not many visitors make it to Ballaghbeama because not many people have even heard of it.
This epic cycle below, with a mapped route, is just one of seven routes that we think are so amazing that we had to write about them in our FREE Best Of Killarney Cycle Guide.
Killarney – Molls Gap – Ballaghbeama – Caragh Lake – Beaufort – Killarney
- Distance: 100km
- Elevation: 1070m
- Ride Time: 4hrs
- Difficulty: 6/10
Why This Route Is The Best
- Rural roads with little traffic
- The awe inspiring Ballaghbeama Gap
- The mighty Carrantouhil being in view
- The beauty of Caragh Lake
Recommended Pit Stop
- The Strawberry Field, Molls Gap for amazing pancakes and coffee.
Click Here For The Route Map – https://www.strava.com/routes/2988966856633514854